Truck Accident Lawyers
Fighting for the Compensation You Deserve
Virginia Truck Accident Lawyers
Commercial trucks such as dump trucks, semis and tractor-trailers can cause extensive property damage, serious personal injury and even death. Too often these vehicles are not maintained properly or are driven negligently.
Our truck accident lawyers are here to help you if you or your loved one has been injured in a truck accident. Truck accident cases can be very complex, but our lawyers have an in-depth knowledge of the law and are here to protect your rights.
You Want Trusted Legal Expertise
If you or a family member have been injured in a truck accident, you need legal advice you can trust. You need an attorney with experience litigating and settling personal injury cases.
You Have Come to the Right Place
In choosing us, you are getting lawyers who know the law and the true value of your case. With Davidson & Kitzmann, you will get an experienced team of personal injury attorneys who are fully committed to your case. We also offer clarity on legal fees, where there is never a legal fee charged until there is a recovery for you. Get started with a free consultation.
Why Work With Us?
As established personal injury lawyers with extensive experience, we understand the unique intricacies involved in achieving the best possible settlement. In fact, our personal injury attorneys have recovered millions in verdicts and settlements for our clients. Each of our personal injury lawyers previously worked in insurance defense firms, and so we understand how insurance companies defend personal injury cases, and we use this expertise to your advantage.
Personal injury can be stressful, and we work to lighten your load. This is why our fee structure is designed the way it is. Whether you are claiming for economic damages or non-economic damages, our fees won’t add to your stress.
What Compensation Could You Obtain?
A victim of a truck crash may be able to seek different types of compensation. Our lawyers understand that our clients’ injuries can severely impact the quality of life, family and jobs. Compensation for one or more of the following may be available:
- Pain and Suffering. This is compensation for the physical and emotional harms you suffered as a result of your injuries.
- Medical Expenses. This may include your medical expenses now and in the future including payment for hospital bills, doctor visits, rehabilitative therapy, medications, medical devices such as wheelchairs, medical modifications to your home, etc.
- Lost Wages and Reduced Earning Capacity. If you missed work because of your injuries, or if you can no longer work or are forced to take a lesser paying job because of your injuries, you should be compensated for that loss.
- Property Damage. The cost to repair or replace your property.
Our personal injury lawyers have obtained millions of dollars for our clients. We will fight for the compensation you need and deserve.
If the insurance company has called you hoping for a settlement, what they’re offering is likely much too small and will not cover the true cost of your recovery. If you retain our firm we may work with life planners, medical professionals, or others to determine the true costs you have incurred and make sure that you obtain the compensation that accurately reflects your injuries.
What to do Following a Truck Accident
Depending on the nature of the accident, you may take one or more of the following actions:
- If you are injured, you should seek appropriate medical care.
- Take pictures at the scene of the accident if you are able to do so. This could include photographing your vehicle, the truck, any visible injuries, and the scene itself.
- If there are eyewitnesses, you may want to ask for their name and contact information.
- Consult with a lawyer before giving a statement to anyone or accepting a check.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Some common causes of truck accidents include:
- A negligent truck driver who is distracted, fatigued, intoxicated or speeding
- Defective equipment
- Improper training
- A trucking company encouraging a driver to work excessive hours
- Improper loading
Get Started – Call Our Law Office Today
At Davidson & Kitzmann, PLC, we understand the devastating effect of a truck accident. That is why we are committed to providing our clients with the personal support and encouragement they need to get through this difficult time. We fight for our clients’ rights and work to get them the compensation they deserve.
If you have been hurt in a truck accident, let us help you. Call us today at (434) 972-9600 or send us a message using the form below for a free and confidential consultation.
* These resulted from opinion surveys. No guarantees of result or scientific comparisons to others are intended or implied. All cases depend upon their factual and legal merit. All potential clients and clients are urged to conduct their own investigation to select the attorney with whom they feel comfortable.
Please note that the use of our contact form does not create an attorney-client relationship and therefore there is no attorney-client protection for the information you choose to submit to us. As such, please do not submit any confidential or privileged information in the contact form.
We are located in Charlottesville, but our lawyers handle cases in Charlottesville, Albemarle County, Greene County, Fluvanna County, Louisa County, Nelson County, Madison County, Orange County, Roanoke, Harrisonburg, Staunton, Waynesboro, Augusta County, and across Virginia.
Davidson & Kitzmann, PLC
211 E High St
Charlottesville, VA 22902
Phone: (434) 972-9600
Fax: (434) 220-0011
© 2020 Davidson & Kitzmann, PLC