Charlottesville Family Lawyers
How We Can Help
High Quality Representation
You need a lawyer who has the experience, knowledge, and skill to protect your interests in these deeply distressing situations. John Kitzmann is the former Chair of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Family Law Section. He has handled hundreds of divorce and family law cases, in the Virginia Supreme Court, the Virginia Court of Appeals and in circuit courts and juvenile courts across Virginia. He frequently publishes articles in legal journals, teaches courses to other lawyers, and is retained by other lawyers specifically for the purpose of using his experience to assist them. A selection of recent courses taught and articles published is listed below.
- Evidence Issues in Divorce, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Classification of Property in Divorce, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Guide to Protective Orders, Charlottesville Albemarle Bar Association
- Motions Used in Family Law Cases, Journal of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Use of Electronic Evidence in Family Law Cases, Charlottesville Albemarle Bar Association
Our Lawyers are Distinguished Leaders in the Field
Our lawyers have distinguished themselves by gaining leadership positions in local and statewide legal organizations. These include:
- Board of Governors – Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Chairman – Family Law Section of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Vice Chairman – Family Law Section of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Legislative Subcommittee – Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Secretary Treasurer – Thomas Jefferson Inn of Court
Knowledge and Experience
Our lawyers also routinely handle cases involving business law. employment law, tax law, criminal law, real estate law, and estate law. As a result, our lawyers have skill and experience regarding the many Virginia and federal laws which can impact a divorce or family law case. we use our knowledge of and experience with these laws co help protect the interests of our clients. We invite you to learn more about our lawyers.
You Need Honest Answers
During a difficult time, you need to trust the relationship with your lawyer. You need to know that your lawyer will give you honest answers and advice in this difficult and confusing process. John Kitzmann is recognized as a leader in the field and can help you through your divorce or other family law situation. We make sure that you have honest, straight forward answers to your questions, and that you understand the process so you can make sounds decisions about your future.
Please note that the use of our contact form does not create an attorney-client relationship and therefore there is no attorney-client protection for the information you choose to submit to us. As such, please do not submit any confidential or privileged information in the contact form.
We are located in Charlottesville, but our lawyers handle cases in Charlottesville, Albemarle County, Greene County, Fluvanna County, Louisa County, Nelson County, Madison County, Orange County, Roanoke, Harrisonburg, Staunton, Waynesboro, Augusta County, and across Virginia.
Davidson & Kitzmann, PLC
413 7th ST NE
Charlottesville, VA 22902
Phone: (434) 972-9600
Fax: (434) 220-0011
© 2023 Davidson & Kitzmann, PLC