John E. Davidson
Mr. Davidson’s practice focuses on four interrelated areas:
- Employment law, including pursuing cases involving wrongful discharge, unfair discipline, non-compete disputes, sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation, unpaid overtime (FLSA), and many others. He also advises clients about a wide variety of employment-related concerns, ranging from employment contracts to discipline to FMLA compliance
- Advising healthcare professionals (including doctors, advanced practitioners, nurses, and other healthcare providers) in matters such as employment contracts, non-competition agreements, investigations, and Department of Health Professions disciplinary issues
- Representing students with matters before the University of Virginia Honor System
- Handling trials and appeals of all kinds (including torts, complex civil litigation, employment and many other areas of law) in all federal and state courts
Mr. Davidson is a graduate of the University of Virginia School of Law, where he was a member of the Virginia Law Review. Upon graduation, the faculty bestowed upon him the Earle K. Shawe Labor Relations Award as the graduate with the greatest promise in the field of labor relations. Following a clerkship with a federal judge, Mr. Davidson practiced with a large national law firm, McGuireWoods LLP. In 2000, he co-founded Davidson & Kitzmann, PLC with another McGuireWoods lawyer.
For many years, Mr. Davidson has been listed in Best Lawyers in America®. In 2019, Best Lawyers also named Mr. Davidson “Lawyer of the Year” for “Employment Law – Individuals” in the area. Also for many years, Mr. Davidson has been named a Legal Elite® by Virginia Business magazine, one of the “Top Attorneys in Virginia” by Richmond Magazine, and a “Virginia Superlawyer” by Superlawyers.*
Mr. Davidson has been rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale Hubbell, the highest rating for skill and ethics that organization gives.* He also has been elected as a Fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America.**
Mr. Davidson is a frequent lecturer on a variety of legal topics and often teaches continuing legal education courses to other lawyers. A sampling of classes taught include topics such as:
- Wrongful discharge
- Tort causes of action in employment law
- Direct and cross examination
- Opening and closing arguments at trial
- Preserving errors for appeal
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- Physician employment contracts.
Mr. Davidson is a member of the bar of the Supreme Court of the United States of America. He also is a member of the bars of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, the Western District of Virginia, the Eastern District of Virginia, and the Supreme Court of Virginia. He is a permanent member of the Judicial Conference of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
Email Mr. Davidson: email@example.com
To schedule a consultation with Mr. Davidson, please call at (434) 972-9600 or email us using the form below.
* These resulted from opinion surveys of lawyers and judges. No guarantees of result or scientific comparisons to others are intended or implied. All cases depend upon their factual and legal merit. All potential clients and clients are urged to conduct their own investigation to select the attorney with whom they feel comfortable.
**The Litigation Counsel of America (LCA) is a trial lawyer honorary society composed of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers, to a maximum of 3,500 lawyers nationwide. Fellowship in the LCA is by invitation only. The LCA reports that Fellows are selected based upon excellence and accomplishment in litigation, both at the trial and appellate levels, and superior ethical reputation.
Please note that the use of our contact form does not create an attorney-client relationship and therefore there is no attorney-client protection for the information you choose to submit to us. As such, please do not submit any confidential or privileged information in the contact form.
We are located in Charlottesville, but our lawyers handle cases in Charlottesville, Albemarle County, Greene County, Fluvanna County, Louisa County, Nelson County, Madison County, Orange County, Roanoke, Harrisonburg, Staunton, Waynesboro, Augusta County, and across Virginia.
Davidson & Kitzmann, PLC
211 E High St
Charlottesville, VA 22902
Phone: (434) 972-9600
Fax: (434) 220-0011
© 2019 Davidson & Kitzmann, PLC