If you believe that you may have been unjustly convicted of a criminal offense in Virginia or you have not received the outcome you wanted in a civil case, you may have the right to file an appeal. Because of incredibly complex rules and procedures, few attorneys handle appeals, and even fewer do it well. The appeals courts routinely dismiss appeals because of a missed deadline or the failure to commply with a formatting or other procedural rule. Due to the various requirements and sometimes complicated process of filing an appeal, it is imperative that you consult with a Virginia appeals lawyer as soon as possible if you want to appeal your case. To learn more call and schedule a consultation with an experienced attorney today.
Our ExperienceWe are proud of our appellate experience. Appellate advocacy depends heavily on excellent writing skills and legal analysis. Our attorneys have served as editors of premier legal journals, have authored scholarly pieces for law reviews, and have been retained by other lawyers specifically for the purpose of using our appellate experience to assist them. We use our appellate experience and skills both to protect clients we have represented at the trial level and also to help new clients who have had other lawyers represent them at the trial level. Below is a sample of the appeals cases we have handled:
- Brandenstein v. Brandenstein, 2015 Va. App. LEXIS 292 (2015)
- David v. David, 2014 Va. LEXIS 24 (2014)
- Pascarella v. McCoy, 011 Va. App. LEXIS 8 (2011)
- Vanderveer v. Vanderveer, 2004 Va. App. LEXIS 459 (2004)
- Lightburn v. Lightburn, 2009 Va. App. LEXIS 459 (2009)
- Duva v. Duva, 55 Va. App. 286 (2009)
- Chauncey F. Hutter, Inc. v. Va. Empl. Comm'n, 50 Va. App. 590 (2009)
- Concannon v. Gladstone, 2007 Va. App. LEXIS 192 (2007)
- Parish v. Commonwealth, 56 Va. App. 324 (2010)
- Jones v. Va. Oil Co., Inc., 69 Fed. Appx. 633 (4th Cir. 2003)
- Jiminez v. Vaughan, 341 Fed. Appx. 890 (4th Cir. 2009)
- United States v. White, 165 Fed. Appx. 254 (4th Cir. 2006)
- McIntyre v. AETNA Life Ins. Co., 581 F.Supp.2d 749 (2008)
Cases We HandleOur lawyers handle appeals of family law, criminal, employment, and other types of cases to the Supreme Court of Virginia, the Virginia Court of Appeals, Circuit Courts, and the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your case, and are considering an appeal, or if your adversary has filed an appeal, please call us at (434) 972-9600 or contact us.
Davidson and Kitzmann, PLC
211 E High Street
Charlottesville, Virginia 22902
Tel: (434) 972-9600
Fax: (434) 220-0011
We are located in Charlottesville, but our lawyers handle cases in Charlottesville, Albemarle County, Greene County, Fluvanna County, Louisa County, Nelson County, Madison County, Orange County, Roanoke, Harrisonburg, Staunton, Waynesboro, Augusta County, and across Virginia.