Protect your rights. Do not take chances with your freedom. If you or a loved one is facing felony charges in Virginia, call (434) 972-9600 to schedule a consultation with an experienced criminal defense attorney at Davidson & Kitzmann, PLC.
Cases we HandleWe provide aggressive defense against felony charges including:
- drug charges
- assault, battery
- white collar crimes such as embezzlement, theft, fraud, and computer crimes
Our ExperienceTo protect your rights and preserve your freedom, you need a knowledgeable defense team that can review and challenge the government's case. Our attorneys have 20 years of extensive experience in defending clients in all state and federal courts. We have the ability to evaluate the strength of the prosecutor's case, and how to negotiate for lesser charges or obtain alternative sentencing options. In the event a resolution acceptable to the client is not available, the firm has extensive and successful experience in defending criminal cases at the trial and appeal level. Our experience includes trials of the simplest misdemeanor cases to trials of complex felony cases.
Possible SentencesA felony conviction can result in a loss of basic constitutional rights, including the right to vote and the right to own a firearm. A felony conviction can also result in a significant jail or prison sentence.
In Virginia, there are six classes of felonies, the maximum sentence for each is specified below:
- Virginia Class 1 felony: death or life imprisonment and possibly, $100,000 fine
- Virginia Class 2 felony: life imprisonment or 20 years in prison and possibly, $100,000 fine
- Virginia Class 3 felony: not less than five, no more than 20 years in prison, and possibly, $100,000 fine
- Virginia Class 4 felony: not less than two years, no more than 10 years in prison, and possibly, $100,000 fine
- Virginia Class 5 felony: not less than one year, no more than 10 years in prison (this charge does carry the possibility of no more than 12 months in jail and no more than $2,500 fine);
- Virginia Class 6 felony: not less than one year, no more than five years in prison (this charge does carry the possibility of no more than 12 months in jail and no more than $2,500 fine).
Free Case EvaluationWe offer a free case evaluation where will be able to discuss the charges you are facing, our fees, and an overview of the services we will be able to provide you. Our office is located in downtown Charlottesville, next to the courthouses. Our criminal lawyers are in the local courts, in front of the local judges,and discussing cases with the local prosecutors several days of every week. Call today at (434) 972-9600 or contact us using the form below.
Davidson and Kitzmann, PLC
211 E High Street
Charlottesville, Virginia 22902
Tel: (434) 972-9600
Fax: (434) 220-0011
We are located in Charlottesville, but our lawyers handle cases in Charlottesville, Albemarle County, Greene County, Fluvanna County, Louisa County, Nelson County, Madison County, Orange County, Richmond, Roanoke, Harrisonburg, Staunton, Waynesboro, Augusta County, and across Virginia.